Before you come to the office...
Before you come to our office, here are some things you should know:
1. MInimizing risk to our patients and staff is our top priority. Please know that although some of our changes may seem disruptive, we are doing this to help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
2. Extra cleaning measures have been implemented.
3. Have only one HEALTHY adult bring your child in for an appointment and leave siblings at home (unless they also have a scheduled appointment). This helps to limit exposure.
4. When you arrive in the office, you will skip the waiting room and go right into a triage room or exam room.
5. We are working hard to keep well and sick families separate. Even if your child is scheduled for a well visit, please let us know BEFORE coming to the office if your child or anyone in your house has any symptoms that could be contagious (fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, etc.) We will screen with these questions
when confirming your appointment and again when you arrive in the office.
6. Please call us before bringing a sick child to the office. We will not accept any walk-in patients. We encourage you NOT to bring your children in for minor illnesses such as ordinary cold symptoms. However, in that case, a telemedicine appointment
may be appropriate. Mild symptoms can be cared for at home. If your child has fever for more than 3 days, difficulty breathing, or something else that concerns you, please call us and together we can decide if your child should be seen.
7. If you or your child has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or if you are awaiting results of a COVID test, do not come to the office. Call us and we will help you figure out what to do.
8. If you have traveled outside of Philadelphia within the last 14 days, you may need to quarantine upon your return. You can check out the most up to date travel restrictions from the Philadelphia Department of Health here
. If you have traveled to any of the "red" states, we will be happy to help you reschedule your appointment for after your 14 day quarantine.
9. Bring your own books or toys to entertain your child in our office.
We have removed all toys and books from our waiting rooms and exam rooms.
10. Please call us before coming the office to drop off or pick up forms. We may be able to help you without having you come to the office.