Before you come to the office...
Before you come to our office, here are some things you should know:
1. MInimizing risk to our patients and staff is our top priority. Please know that although some of our changes may seem disruptive, we are doing this to help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
2. Extra cleaning measures have been implemented.
3. Have only one HEALTHY adult bring your child in for an appointment and leave siblings at home (unless they also have a scheduled appointment). This helps to limit exposure.
4. When you arrive in the office, you will skip the waiting room and go right into a triage room or exam room.
5. We are working hard to keep well and sick families separate. Even if your child is scheduled for a well visit, please let us know BEFORE coming to the office if your child or anyone in your house has any symptoms that could be contagious (fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, etc.)
6. Please call us before bringing a sick child to the office. We will not accept any walk-in patients. We encourage you NOT to bring your children in for minor illnesses such as ordinary cold symptoms. However, in that case, a telemedicine appointment
may be appropriate. Mild symptoms can be cared for at home. If your child has fever for more than 3 days, difficulty breathing, or something else that concerns you, please call us and together we can decide if your child should be seen. We are unable to test for COVID-19 in our office.
7. If your child has a fever >100.4 ℉, cough, difficulty breathing and either has traveled outside of the country within the last 14 days OR has a known exposure to someone with COVID-19 DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE. Call our office so you can be screened over the phone and directed to the Department of Health or the Emergency Department (if needed) for further management.
8. Bring your own books or toys to entertain your child in our office.
We have removed all toys and books from our waiting rooms and exam rooms.
9. Please call us before coming the office to drop off or pick up forms. We may be able to help you without having you come to the office.